The largest biennial gathering of small foundation leaders
Save the date! October 30-November 1, 2014
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
Thank you to everyone who submitted responses to our Call for Ideas. We received more than 700 great ideas, and we’re planning the conference you want to see! Program details will be posted online in early 2014.
2012 conference recap
Recap on PhilanthroFiles blog
- Finding ‘Our People’ at the ASF Next Generation Retreat
By ASF member Niki Calastas, Hurliman Scholarship Foundation
- Education for Anyone, Anywhere
By Elaine Gast Fawcett
- Impressions from the ASF National Conference
By ASF member Ted Donley, The Donley Foundation
- Highlights on Global Grantmaking at the ASF National Conference
By Mary Beth Gallagher, The William Hinman Foundation
#ASF12 on Twitter
- @HinmanFoundation: Innovation in philanthropy means go from reactive to proactive, from sympathetic to strategic, from isolated to collaborative.
- @ElizabethSullivan: Advocacy learning lab full of energy! Lots of awareness on need to sharpen this tool given shifting role of gov $.
- @KJKarnas: Inspired by the young presenters in the Youth in Philanthropy Learning Lab.
- @JohnsonFoundation: Was excited to participate in a group discussion with Ruth Jones from @svpi here at #ASF12. Great to tout the virtues of collective action!
- @Just got back from #ASF12. My goal was to come back with 3-4 GREAT new ideas. I actually came back with 6 or 7. Great conference.
- Follow ASF on Twitter
What Others Are Saying About ASF National Conference
- ASF Conference Caters to Diversity of Small Foundation Roles
- What Can Donors Do to Mitigate the Pain of the New Normal, Asks ASF Conference
Save the Date
2016 National Conference
September 26-28, 2016
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
2018 National Conference
September 28-30, 2018
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
“This conference was our first ASF event as a foundation board, and we found it to be inspiring and informative. We left with a sharpened focus and renewed passion for our foundation's mission.”
—Jody Chang, The Campbell Foundation, TX